Thursday, July 21, 2011

Beating the Heat

It was a hot one today!  Not gonna lie, I had the HARDEST time figuring out what to wear for my "mom's day off" of running errands.  With temperatures of 102 degrees, looking fashionable and staying cool was quite a challenge!

I searched for some inspiration and here are a few of the photos that helped me with my final product...
c/o shopbop.com
White pants, black and white tank, statement purse.  3 things we should all have in our closet!

c/o shopbop.com
A colorful maxi and neutral sandals.  If you have a black maxi, spice it up with a colorful or metallic belt like this picture shows.

Broken-in boyfriend chino short Military tunic Silk tide tunic
c/o j.crew.com

A sleeveless tunic/beach cover up and a pair of shorts.  These types of tunics are usually lightweight and cool to begin with, adding a pair of shorts is all it takes to make them errand- running worthy.

After all my inspiration searching, here is what I came up with from my own closet...
A pair of white pants, a colorful tunic-y top, statement shoes and complementary jewelry to bring out the colors in the top.

Closet lesson learned today:
Using staples such as a pair of white pants, a maxi dress, a tunic top, or a colorful statement piece, there are many options to "beating the heat" and still looking great!

1 comment:

  1. Courtney, I just found your blog! Love those shoes and all your outfit combos. I love fashion blogs and now I will follow yours!
    Aubrey

    PS- you can check out our family blog at www.aubreycrawford.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading!
I absolutely LOVE reading your comments. It makes my day when you stop by and say hi!