Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Got Lace?

pictures c/o style.com

I love to search different shopping and designer sites to get new ideas; lately I've noticed a lot of lace popping up: on the runways, on celebrities, at events... This got me thinking, if they can do it, why can't I?  I decided to wander over to my own closet to see if this delicate fabric was amongst my hangers.  Sure enough, I've got some lace just hiding in the recesses waiting to be worn again!  

Here are some new ways to wear your old lace:

 I found an old Express lace v-neck that I know I've had for YEARS.  To update it, I paired it with dark skinny jeans, a boyfriend blazer and black ankle booties.  I added the edgy necklace to toughen up the look.  Lace is no longer "girly"!
 As I kept searching, I realized that I really don't have a lot of lace in my closet!  I did find a navy dress with a black lace inset at the top.  Perfect for incorporating a tiny bit in this outfit. To keep the dress from being too feminine, I paired it with a skinny black patent belt, grey cardigan, black ankle booties and some sparkly bracelets.  I envision this outfit at work with some black tights this winter.  
I absolutely love this skirt! It also kind of gave me the idea for this DIY post. =)  
There are so many options with a lace skirt, this picture only shows a few.

Option 1: pair it with a white button down and a fun necklace.  Add a belt to dress it up or down (black dresses up, brown would dress down).
Option 2: Wear it with a denim shirt.  Perfect for keeping the lace casual.
Option 3: Wear a denim jacket over top of a tee.  Add a fun necklace or scarf to keep it interesting.
Option 4: (not shown) Wear a colorful tee (tucked in, of course) and sandals. Girly, yet still says "I just threw this on and I look put together."  Don't forget to accessorize! 
Option 5: (not shown) Wear a black turtleneck with a necklace over top.  
(I live in black turtlenecks in the winter.  I will for sure be spotted wearing one with this skirt, black tights and black ankle booties...maybe even a pair of riding boots depending on my mood =) )

If you have ANY lace hiding in that closet of yours, I hope this helps!  
Feel free to post pics for other ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!
I absolutely LOVE reading your comments. It makes my day when you stop by and say hi!