Monday, August 8, 2011

leather for any weather...or occasion

I haven't been in anyone's closets lately so this post comes from my own!  I purchased a faux leather jacket during Nordstrom's Anniversary sale and can't wait for the weather to cool off so that I can start wearing it!  I love the ruffled placket and slim fit of this jacket; it looks tough with a touch of girliness. Obviously, I've been searching for different ways to wear my new jacket and keep the look polished...no bikers here!  
(Not that there's anything wrong with bikers.  There happens to be a Harley in my garage that my husband owns. However, this jacket will never see the back of that bike!)

leather for any weather...or occasion




Jacket Option #1- Keep it simple.  Wear it with a pair of dark skinny jeans and a comfy white v-neck tee.  Insert long, dangly necklace or colorful scarf and I think I have a great weekend outfit!


Jacket Option #2- Why not mix it up a little and pair it with one of my flirty dresses that I'm not ready to retire for the cooler months? Even when the Michigan chills set in, tights will pair nicely with this ensemble, I think!


Jacket Option #3- Don't think that this jacket can't go to work...oh yes it can. I'm thinking a pleated skirt (think flowy, this way you're less likely to look like you're working the 80's leather look) and a bright silky bow blouse.  Tights and booties again? Ok!

Jacket Option #4- Printed maxis are everywhere it seems...guess I may need to look for one!  I would take the same vneck tee, tuck it in, put a belt around the waist and add that long dangly necklace again.





































If you don't have a leather jacket, run now and go buy one!  
LOL Just kidding...this look would still work with a boyfriend blazer or a cardigan...just not as cool ;)

Happy Fashion Fixing!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!
I absolutely LOVE reading your comments. It makes my day when you stop by and say hi!