Thursday, August 4, 2011

My Weekend Getaway

weekend getaway




Ok, so it wasn't really a weekend getaway, more like a "weekday"getaway...either way it was a mini vacation away from home!  This week, K and I took a two day trip to the west side of the state to my friend's house on Lake Murray.  It was a quick, last minute trip which meant I needed to pack fast without much time to think.  Luckily, I knew that it would be a relaxing couple of days and I wouldn't need much.

The basics I packed to stay comfy in style are a pair of shorts, lightweight button down, jersey sweats, vneck tee, shawl collar cardigan, black bathing suit, terry cover-up, sunglasses and colorful flip flops.  All fit in a travel bag with my toiletries!

Closet Tip:
When packing for a quick trip, think in easy layering pieces with a fun accent item
(this could be a pair of shoes, a scarf, jewelry, or a cardigan to name a few) to go with everything.  
For this trip, I chose my pink flip flops as the "go with everything fun piece" 
and my cardigan for layering during the cool nights and early mornings.

Michigan weather can be so unpredictable, but as long as you're prepared, you'll always be in fashion!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!
I absolutely LOVE reading your comments. It makes my day when you stop by and say hi!