Monday, September 26, 2011

Casual Friday

Okay, I don't know if I've told you this before, but I don't really like jeans.  They're just not that comfortable on me, so they're not my "go to" item.  I have so many other comfortable and casual options, in my mind, that I would rather wear.  This Friday for example.  I've been reading in so many magazines about the knee high stacked heel boot.  I have a pair that I bought on amazing sale when I worked at J.Crew that I only break out on occasion.  Not sure why, but I just don't wear them that much.  I decided that I needed to change that.  Especially since it seemed like I was the only one who didn't appreciate my boots like I should, according to the fashion mags and blogs! (Hence I wore them twice in one weekend...hehe).



This time I truly started from the bottom up.  I knew I wanted to wear the boots, but tucking jeans or riding pants was too predictable.  They needed a dress or skirt to be different.  I went with a safe bet of navy and orange.  My new favorite fall color combo.  Just check out H&M for more inspiration with these two.  Plus, I was excited to wear my new Old Navy find...the jacket was only $20!  And it's sweatshirt/fleece material...even better for a casual Friday look!  I love the look of a striped top under anything lately and of course I had to pile on, not one, but two necklaces to finish it up.



It may not seem like your average jeans day alternative, but for me I was just as comfortable as anyone else!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!
I absolutely LOVE reading your comments. It makes my day when you stop by and say hi!