Monday, September 5, 2011

Happy Birthday


happy birthday




We went out for a friend's birthday on Saturday and I was so excited to try out a new trend for fall.  Is it bad that I was secretly excited about the fall-like temps so I could wear a long sleeve shirt?!  I've had this silk blouse hanging in my closet since the "back-to-school" fall lines came out in July.  From a retail stand-point, I get why stores do it, but really?  Fall in July?  Hence my excitement when I could bust out a new outfit and finally cut the tags!

I went with this blush colored silk top and my skinny black pants.  I LOVE my black skinnies.  They truly compliment any closet and, ultimately, any body.  I recommended them to my friend Beth when I "closet fashion fixed" her closet, and even she went out to find the perfect pair!  (GAP sells a great pair for a good price point slim cropped pant )  Beth sent me a picture of them from the fitting room she was so excited!

To top off the outfit, I chose a pair of nude heels, cage style for an edgy look.  The patent leather nude belt broke up the line; I tucked in the top in front only to show off the belt.  With some large stone jewelry, my outfit was complete!

Closet Tip:
To keep a feminine top, such as a silky blouse, updated, pair it with some edgy extras. 
Leave it untucked in back. 
Add some leather.
Use some chunky jewelry to off set the feminine flair.
Cage-y shoes always do the trick!

Do you own a silk top?  A feminine top?  How will you update yours?  Happy closet fixing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!
I absolutely LOVE reading your comments. It makes my day when you stop by and say hi!