Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Switching Seasons

My favorite part of autumn is layering different pieces to deal with the lowering temps.  I also have a ton of items in my closet that don't need to be put away just yet.  For one, because they can be layered to become a little bit warmer, and most importantly, I'm just not ready to stop wearing them!

The latter applies for this dress.  I bought it for our trip to Vancouver this summer and have enjoyed wearing it ever since.  I needed a way to keep it cool and update it one more time so it wasn't just the same striped dress worn yet again!  (I do not like to "re-wear" items or outfits!)

I decided that even though the dress is a navy and ivory stripe, black leggings would look just fine.  I opted for my brown riding boots on the bottom to channel cooler weather and on top I threw on an autumn orange scarf.  I couldn't resist adding just one more color: in came the olive belt!  I piled on the jewelry...more IS more sometimes...and loved the final look!  Even my Starbucks' barista commented on my fall ensemble: talk about a great way to start the day!

If you have items in your closet that you're thinking about retiring for the cooler months, rethink them!  There has to be a way to make them new and fall ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!
I absolutely LOVE reading your comments. It makes my day when you stop by and say hi!