Sunday, September 18, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up

It's been waay too long since I've made time to create a post.  So I'm back, late Sunday night to recap the weekend and the looks I found in my closet.  It was a busy weekend with date night, wedding, and crazy catch-up Sunday of errands and housework.  Here is how I managed to put it all together!

Friday
Friday is not Jeans day in my world.  I'm not really a fan of jeans...unless their dark and skinny and tailored to fit my unproportioned body perfectly.  I've always had a problem finding the right pair that actually felt comfortable on me.  This past Friday, I decided that I was going to break the rules a little.  I love that you can wear white after Labor Day now, since anything goes these days...but you should've seen the looks I got at Starbucks that morning! If I could've read their mind, I know I would've heard, "What is she thinking?!"
black and white
I decided to give my white pants another break from the closet today.  I paired them with a long sleeve cotton crewneck shirt and layered a loose black sweater  over top.  Since the temps were a bit chilly, I went with a black flat instead of sandals.  When it came time for accessories, I tried to add in a color and decided that it looked all wrong!  I had to stick to the simple palette I already had; I layered some of my necklaces that had a black grosgrain ribbon attached and threw on my gold and black bangles.  Simple yet never boring!
























Closet Tip:
When wearing white year-round, keep in mind the fabric is key.  Linen needs to be reserved for warmer months, especially if you live in a changing climate.  White pants are best if they are lined for the cooler winter months.  (Mine are not, so they tend to get retired around October through March.)  You do not have to wear "winter white" in order to be appropriate in December though!  Any shade of white will work as long as you're dressed for the weather.  White jeans are an easy piece to keep rotating all year long...think riding boots and a chunky sweater.  So cute!


Saturday

Country Wedding
Today we had a wedding in Fennville, Michigan.  (I know, I thought the same thing...I had never heard of the place before today!)  My Aunt Penny's intimate wedding took place in a lovely garden of scenic rolling hills and fountains and flowers.  I had NO IDEA what to wear until the very last minute.  I had forgotten about this dress that I originally bought for a friend's shower this past summer.  I love the bright yellow and mixing of black and white.  I knew I needed to layer something with sleeves so I picked my leather jacket for warmth and to add a little edge to this outfit.  Black peeptoe pumps, bangles, and a clutch finished off this ensemble.




















Sunday
sunday safari
I knew it was beginning to feel like fall outside, but I had yet to change over my closet from all my summer clothing.  It was on my laundry list of things to do though, don't worry.  I wanted to be comfortable in case it was warmer out than I thought (Sadly, it was not.  Darn Michigan weather.)  I chose my J.Crew Salute skirt, an olive-y chino number that looks and feels great with a lot in my closet.  I wanted to do something different and I paired it with my ivory silk peasant-like top that I love because its buttons are apples...such a teacher!  I only tucked in the front of the blouse, though, to keep the look casual and comfy.  I put on gold sandals to help my high-heel-blisters heal and the same gold bangles I had worn all weekend long.  Easy like Sunday morning.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!
I absolutely LOVE reading your comments. It makes my day when you stop by and say hi!