Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Yikes... Stripes!

Yikes... Stripes!


H m dress
£20 - hm.com

Sterling silver jewelry
$275 - bluenile.com

ONLY 4 STYLISH GIRLS BY PATRIZIA PEPE Belts - Item 46208691
$75 - yoox.com




Today was the first day of school for teachers and students here in Michigan.  For my "first day outfit" I chose to go with a comfortable option.  I love the ease of this H&M striped dress; especially with a pair of leggings for the many positions of kneeling, sitting, and moving while dealing with first graders.  In order to make this more than just a "cute dress", I added the green belt for a contrasting color.  I figured, green and pink are great for a watermelon, why not this outfit?!  Oh, but I couldn't stop there!  Instead of letting the dress and belt do all the talking, I just kept on going...I piled on a chunky pearl necklace and bracelet.  I like that it's an unexpected touch to a more casual-feeling outfit.  It was chilly out, (I couldn't ignore the fact that I had recess duty, too) so my age-old GAP denim jacket did the trick as a topper.  That good old standby always seems to come in handy when you least expect it!

Lastly, the shoes.  I found these on sale at ALDO a while back.  I definitely stalked them, just waiting for this style to show up on the clearance rack.  It is always worth the wait, in my eyes, for that discounted price! Instead of going with a flat (which was very tempting!) I love that the stacked heel grounds the outfit, yet manages to dress it up at the same time.  The mix of taupes and browns in this shoe make it a nice addition to my closet.  Easy to pair with many outfits I already own!

Closet Tip:
The one thing I've noticed about fall fashion lately, is the mix of the unexpected...a t-shirt dress with pearls, chunky platforms with a casual outfit...the mix of highs and lows is endless!  Don't be afraid to experiment with what you've got...pair a denim jacket with a dressy top, put on your pearls with that t-shirt, and don't save your pumps for only skirts, chunky ones look great with a shirtdress or skinnies.

Now to pick out my outfit for tomorrow!! Until then... go shop your closet!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!
I absolutely LOVE reading your comments. It makes my day when you stop by and say hi!