Wednesday, October 5, 2011

My Version of Red, White, and Blue

Today was a School Spirit day to gear up for our building wide fundraiser, the Jog-a-Thon, on Friday.  The theme of the day was to wear red, white and blue.  I of course followed suit...another fun closet challenge to wear these colors in a new way!  This was my version of the three color combo.



 I chose my denim pencil skirt, a long sleeve tee, in J.Crew's "vibrant flame"- my favorite color of the season- and a tan leather belt.  I was still looking for a way to integrate the white, when I remembered my bead necklace and ivory platform sandals.  I piled on some fun and flashy bracelets and a large ring.  Off I went!



And, p.s., notice the new form?!  It was a sweet donation to my cause last week.  Unfortunately, my "girl" is a little larger than me.  I am by no means, small...I typically wear a size 6 or 8 depending on the brand or store.  It makes for a great way to showcase my outfits, but I'm hoping that my shirts won't be stretched out!  ...Although, after some internet searching I did come across a few articles that talked about a "fit to me" mannequin.  I think this is what I may have and unfortunately that would mean a lot of pinning and sewing of her "dress" to shrink her to my size!  We'll see if I actually find time to do that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!
I absolutely LOVE reading your comments. It makes my day when you stop by and say hi!