Monday, October 3, 2011

Who Says You Can't RE-WEAR Something!






















I decided this post should be about re-wearing an item that you love.  We all have favorite "go to" fun pieces in our closet.  I'm usually afraid to wear them a lot, though, because then everyone will know it's a "favorite."  I don't ever want to hear the phrase, "Oh, that must be your favorite *insert item name*?"  Those words could immediately force a closet favorite into early retirement!

I chose my tiered brique skirt from J.Crew as one of my faves.  I was pregnant at the time when I bought it, but knew that it would be a piece I would totally regret not having.  It has seen me through three events that I've catalogued below for you..and a few others, I'm sure, I just can't seem to remember them at the moment. :)

church
For K's baptism this past weekend I picked this ivory skirt for two reasons:
1. I had no idea what I was going to wear and needed something at the last minute.
2. I wanted to incorporate white into my outfit somehow, without wearing a typical white blouse.


wine gala
The Wine Gala event that we attend annually is a "black tie optional" affair.  In the past, I've worn a little bit of everything: a cocktail dress, satin tux, and a formal gown.  This year, I had my skirt!  I added a sequin tank to glitz it up, the  velvet blazer again (the gala is in January), at least two necklaces, and tons of sparkle in the form of bracelets, rings and earrings.
summer night
This outfit was worn for a friend's birthday when I was pregnant.  I think I was only 3 months preggers at the time...enough to make me feel fat.  Not enough for anyone else to realize I was.  Needless to say, I still wanted to dress up fun! I made the skirt more casual with a plain black tank, denim jacket, metallic flip flops, and chunky leather bracelet.  The jewels on top were just a fun dressy touch to clash with the rest of the ensemble. :)


K's baptism
Wine Gala (one month after
K was born!)
Just another option that I'm considering
for yet another wearing of this awesome
closet item!  I need to get away from all the black on
top all the time.

brique skirt
One option to keep the skirt from being
stuck in the same outfit rut.  I like the idea of knee highs
over a pair of tights to add more dimension
to an outfit.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!
I absolutely LOVE reading your comments. It makes my day when you stop by and say hi!