Sunday, November 6, 2011

Chunky Sweaters with Flowy Skirts

I've been noticing the pairing of a chunky sweater with a flowy bottom lately, and I wanted to try this trend out.  It seemed easy enough.  Find a sweater (cable knit, wool, anything that wasn't too tight) and pair it with a light and airy skirt.  I put black tights on underneath the skirt to keep the look geared towards chilly weather and put on my black platform booties.  

This is an easy look to recreate in your own closet.  The skirt I used was bought in spring a few years back, but this doesn't keep me from finding ways to wear it all year round!  As long as it's lined and can be paired with tights, there is a way to do this.  I also think that skirts like this one are easier to wear in cooler months if you can pair them with a dark color tight.  Just about anything goes with this look; as long as the sweater is thick, the skirt is flowy, and you've got a boot to ground it all together, you are good to go!





Add caption




Some picture inspiration for this post...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!
I absolutely LOVE reading your comments. It makes my day when you stop by and say hi!