Sunday, December 4, 2011

Faux Fur inVested

Faux Fur inVested

I am so excited to wear my new faux fur vest.  I've been eyeing many different styles and finally decided on this one at Nordstrom.  I've been thinking about the many ways that I can style it, of course, and didn't realize how versatile it is proving to be!

For Work...


Office Fur



According to Rachel Zoe... (yes, the Rachel Zoe)
If you want to work a faux fur vest in the office, I recommend throwing it on over a classic printed shirtdress with sweater tights and closed-toe pumps to tie it all together. This ensemble is professional yet fashion-forward at the same time and ultimately the perfect winter look for anyone working in a creative field.
 from "Ask A Stylist With Rachel Zoe" in her article on styling faux fur vests.  Here's another way that I think keeps a fur vest completely classy in the office...

Furst Class
For Weekend...Weekend Weather
I like how this outfit can be so comfortable and easy to throw on, yet looks super chic for running errands or grabbing lunch.


For Nighttime...Night Owl
Night Owl by courtneycampmiarka featuring fake fur vests

This last outfit would be great for a date night or cocktails with the girls.  Funky accessories, grounded wedge heels (key for dancing the night away) and a sexy mini dress keep this outfit faux-tastic all night long! (I can't believe I'm posting that last line...cheese!)

Here are some other fur vests for your shopping pleasure :)

Faux For you


13 comments:

  1. I just laughed out loud because the title of my current post is In(vest)ed. Great minds! I love fur vests and you gotta love Rachel Zoe. The woman knows what she is talking about! I love the office outfit best.

    http://theclosetintervention.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's too funny! Great minds, is right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I´m thinking of buying one. Thanks for following me dear, I´m following back.

    ***
    www.theprincesslittlebox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous post!!!!
    It hank you so much for commenting on my blog & following :-)
    I am following your blog too...
    These are great outfit ideas!!! Love the faux fur vest!!!!
    Wish the Rachel Zoe Project show was still on!!! Did you see this past season?
    I love her newest assistant Jeremiah!!!!
    http://fashiondiarylooks4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look so bad in a fur vest, but still want one! Love the ones you've shared. Enter my StyleMint Giveaway for 5 shirts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the looks that you put together. I'm dying for a faux fur vest but haven't bought one yet :( I'm a new follower :) I'd love if you'd stop by my blog some time and say hi (and follow back if you're interested).
    Sarah
    http://comingunstitched.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to start doing this every time I buy a new item of clothing so that I will be SUPER excited about it AND have lots of ideas for how to wear it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE faux fur vests....they instantly glam up an outfit...and I love that they help keep me warm :)

    Natasha ~ Required2BeInspired

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! Great blog! I'm your newest follower:)
    sequinshoesstrawberries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, this vest is really nice. i like it so much. your blog is really cool, so special. like it!
    lovely greets and i wish you a wonderful week!

    maren anita

    www.fashion-meets-art.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely items, they look great!
    I have a giveaway this week, hope you will join in on the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Faux fur!!!
    take a look on my blog and if you like we can follow each other?
    http://keepintouchwithfashion.blogspot.com/ have a wonderful day… keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  13. i would love one of these! i hope you have a great weekend and stop by sometime!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading!
I absolutely LOVE reading your comments. It makes my day when you stop by and say hi!