Monday, January 2, 2012

Work In Some Glitz

If you're anything like me, you've likely added some new "holiday" inspired pieces to your wardrobe in the past month. It's just too hard to pass up glitter and sequins when you're in a festive mood! But, *sigh* the holidays are over and now you're left with a cute top/ pant/dress/belt/piece of jewelry that you're afraid may never make another appearance until next December...what to do?!
Don't worry, there are many ways to add these pieces in to your everyday wardrobe. Here are a few ideas to help give those special pieces the extra attention they deserve!







Throw on your sequin top with an everyday outfit.  Instead of opting for the safe look of a chunky sweater, black pants and boots, be brave...you won't be disappointed!





Layer your glitzy sweater over a crisp button down and under a blazer.  It'll give your work outfit the uplift you need to get through the day!

 Source: tumblr.com via Courtney on Pinterest
Source: socialitelife.com via Courtney on Pinterest

Source: weheartit.com via Courtney on Pinterest




             
Chambray or denim is always easy to pair with sequins, either on top or on the bottom.  Layering is key with this look.

Pair your glittery bottom with a tailored top.  No need to go overboard on accessories...keep it simple for daytime.





Source: jcrew.com via Courtney on Pinterest


All you need are some stripes to temper the glow of sequins and glitter.  I love this nautical look with a touch of fun.  Easy to pull off in the warmer months, but just as fun with some tights and a blazer in the winter time.

Here are some of the other ways I've already reworn my "sparklies"...


This sequin ribbon (I originally bought it when thin neck wraps were in...a loong time ago!) doubled as a belt, tied in a cute bow.  I safety pinned it on to the skirt so that it didn't go anywhere. :)

I layered this sequin tank with a tweed pencil skirt and a button down.  The scarf tucked in to the shirt was an added holiday/colorful touch.

I love this top.  I have worn it so many times and I wanted to make it completely fresh to me.  Instead of pairing it with the obvious black, I went with brown instead this time.  Definitely a different look!

This was my NYE Eve dinner outfit. (Flats were key for the walking we were going to do in downtown Traverse City).  I love pairing my chambray shirt with this sequin skirt!  But, it looks equally great with a plain tank, cardigan, and scarf.  Or even a turtleneck.

There are so many ways to wear some sparkle after the holidays.  I hope you do!

2 comments:

  1. Perfection! You are pretty fantastic!!! I really like your unique point of view. Great post and BRILLIANT blog! :-)

    the-white-list.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your NYE outfit, and all the other sparkling inspiration photos!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading!
I absolutely LOVE reading your comments. It makes my day when you stop by and say hi!