Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Obsessed? Kind of...

Okay, so I'm kind of obsessed with a new blogger right now... Sydney Poulton, the author of The Daybook.  She's adorable, fashionable, and funny. What's not to love?!  I also love that I could completely steal a look from one of her recent posts and recreate it in an instant!  (I even tweeted her a picture...imitation is the highest form of flattery, right?!)  Here are pics from her column in the Washingtonian on how to wear a maxi skirt in winter.







 And then there's my silly self in my re-creation of the first outfit:)


Closet Lessons Learned:
1. Inspiration is everywhere!  I knew I had all the pieces of this look in my closet and could put it together.  Do you know everything you have in your closet?!

2. Never be afraid to try something once.  If someone else has done it, they've already taken the edge off of that "first time wear" for you.

3. MAXI SKIRTS ARE TOTALLY DO-ABLE IN THE WINTER TIME! Just add layers and a pair of boots. (I wore mine with my knee-high black heeled boots, but could just have easily slipped on a pair of hunters for the same effect)


Now go check out The Daybook and be sure to tell her I sent you!


For those of you still searching for the perfect skirt, I've compiled a list of affordable finds that I would gladly replace mine with. Unfortunately, the skirt I have is no longer available, but these are some great options!


Maxi Skirts with Maximum Affordability


Women: Skirts | Piperlime
piperlime.gap.com

Caslon black maxi skirt
$48 - nordstrom.com

Michael Stars
piperlime.gap.com

Wilt
piperlime.gap.com

Bailey 44
piperlime.gap.com




2 comments:

Thank you for reading!
I absolutely LOVE reading your comments. It makes my day when you stop by and say hi!