Saturday, February 25, 2012

Versatile Blogger Awards!!


  
I've won two Versatile Blogger Awards!!  Many many thanks to two wonderful bloggers, Lauren of Lauren T Fashion and Pip of Chic Stay at Home Mom who so graciously awarded me.  You have made my day!

Be sure to check out both of their blogs!  Lauren's blog has some great outfit inspirations and photos; and she is a new blogger already making waves!  Pip is an inspirational "chic" stay-at-home who has a great knack for making every outfit fashionably not a "mom" outfit.

As a recipient of these awards, I also have to reveal 7 things about myself.  Duh duh duh.
(Why do I feel a little writer's block coming on at this exact moment?? hehe)

Here goes...

1. I'm more than slightly obsessed with J.Crew and secretly wish I could still be working in retail.  Well, maybe not so secretly.  I openly wish this. If only there were more hours in the day.:)


2. If I wasn't teaching, I would love to be a personal shopper.  I get such a kick out of helping others feel good in what they're wearing.  I so believe that clothing is a form of expression; you walk a little taller and feel more confident when you are dressed your best and know that you look good!  Another reason why I decided to launch Closet Fashion Fix; just one more way I can help others and inspire their outfits.


3. I despise decorating.  I never know what looks good in a room, yet somehow have no problem with putting together accessories and other accoutrements to complete a look.  Huh.


4. I love being a mom to my uh-dorable lil girl, yet still enjoy my girl time away just as much.  I don't think I'll ever understand why women feel the need to embellish about how "wonderful" mommyhood is. I enjoy being me with my friends; now as just a better, more responsible, version of me.


5. I thoroughly enjoy being a working mom.  Don't get me wrong, I admire those that can stay at home (here's to you chicstayathomemom!), but I love going to work every day and think it makes me a better mom because of it.


6. I don't like wearing jeans.  They're too restricting and uncomfortable in my eyes.  Trousers and skirts always win in my book.


7. I love listening to dance/techno/electronic music on my way to work in the morning.  It's like my audio coffee. :)


Wow.  That was intense to write!  I rarely get serious on you, my lovely readers, but it feels good to reveal a little more than my fashion obsessions and outfits with you finally.  Thanks for reading!

Here are the 15 blogs that I nominate for this award!  Congratulations to all that receive it: I always look forward to reading your posts and love the outfit inspirations you give me! xo

(Some of these blogs may be beyond receiving "blogger" awards, but I love them anyway!)

Someweartobe
bittersweet colours
CottonCandyINK
style extraordinaire
Devon Rachel
not just happenstance
theprincesslittlebox
The Daybook
Lilly's Style
The Key Pieces
AdamAlexMommy
Breakfast at Katy
LateAfternoon
Sequintessential
Pink Peonies



There are 3 rules for this award:
1. Thank the person that nominated you and give a shout out on your blog to them with a link to theirs.
2. Share 7 random facts about yourself (go on, you can do it!)
3. Send the blog award to 15 other bloggers whose blog you love and appreciate and let them know they've won the award.



6 comments:

  1. Court,
    Congrats! Being a mommy, teaching, and blogging plus looking incredibly fashionable is no easy task! I love following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS!! and lovely facts i enjoyed reading them

    thanks so much for awarding me as well ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!

    swBeautifulLife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved reading your facts! Oh, and how I have no idea how I even last somedays with having to stay home all day with a toddler! :) xx

    Pip
    http://chicstayathome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats! and so glad I came across your little creative spot on the web. *new follower* Enjoy your day:D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading!
I absolutely LOVE reading your comments. It makes my day when you stop by and say hi!