Monday, March 19, 2012

Gingham & Stripes

I am having so much fun with my "no shopping" ban.  I NEVER thought I'd hear myself utter those words!  Don't get me wrong, I do miss the mall and I am still coveting many new pieces.  I will just have to do without and make do with what I have.  Like in today's outfit!

This silk sweater was purchased during my days as a student teacher.  Part of my growing professional wardrobe, so to speak.  I used to stalk Banana Republic stores, and their sales racks, aaaand any rewards or coupons I could get my hands on!  I have a hard time looking at that store these days without remembering the fond times we shared. Hahahaha.  Back to the top; I haven't been able to let go of it since it's still in great shape and fits, it just needed a new twist.
So, if you have any striped sweaters/tops, try layering them with a gingham button down underneath.  You may just like the end result!

    

Here are some other options to help your closet combinations...


gingham and stripes


J Crew tailored shirt
$150 - jcrew.com

J Crew gingham shirt
$75 - jcrew.com

J Crew gingham shirt
$75 - jcrew.com

Mint Velvet navy t shirt
£39 - houseoffraser.co.uk

Fat Face striped sweater
£48 - fatface.com

Striped top
$68 - warehouse.co.uk

J Crew striped shirt
$65 - jcrew.com

Phase Eight cowl neck top
£39 - houseoffraser.co.uk

Gingham shirt
$26 - aeropostale.com

J Crew long sweater
$80 - jcrew.com

J Crew striped top
$65 - jcrew.com

Gingham shirt
$26 - aeropostale.com

Gingham shirt
$26 - aeropostale.com

Gingham shirt
$26 - aeropostale.com

Moschino cotton blouse
$695 - net-a-porter.com

6 comments:

  1. I love the sweater and I like the gingham underneath for sure! I haven't shopped in months! It is driving me insane!!! xx

    Pip
    http://chicstayathome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your way of mixology! Sweet outfit:D

    P.S. I will be hosting a linkup on tomorrow. Stop by if you would like to share a post from your week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute idea. I have like a bazillion striped shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this idea! absolutely adorable. thanks for the additional options - there are some nice color combos in there!

    http://lepetisme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading!
I absolutely LOVE reading your comments. It makes my day when you stop by and say hi!