Sunday, April 15, 2012

Ruffles, Sweaters, & Stripes

I received a note yesterday on facebook regarding a lovely picture I "pinned" on pinterest from one of my favorite blogs, thedaybookblog.com. In an attempt to find this outfit on the internet for my friend, I decided to feature it in a post for all.  As always, Sydney is ever so fashionable and keeps it real for the rest of us.  I LOVE recreating her looks from my own closet, like in this post about wearing a maxi in the winter... Obsessed? Kind of...  (Apparently, we shop alike!)
"Hi! You posted this on pinterest and I absolutely love it. Where can I buy it?"
www.thedaybookblog.com

Well...here we go!

In my search to recreate, I located some totally 
affordable striped skirts...


bodycon striped skirts under $100





ruffled tops...



And finally... 
I decided that this look would probably be the easiest to recreate with a dress underneath!


This is the final outfit option that I came up with if I were going to purchase these pieces.  Layer the dress underneath the blouse; this way you're purchasing one item that will serve two purposes...the dress can be worn to a more formal/fun event OR be layered for a more conservative look.  I like the yellow cardigan as a colorful update to this look.
(I didn't search belts for this because almost any brown leather belt would do)

Hope this helps, Jen!  Thanks for asking!





7 comments:

  1. great job recreating this look. I would totally wear your outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will follow your blog

    Mery

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your striped finds!

    http://forallthatjas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow Jen is right! The outfit is really amazing! And you are so nice for recreating it!

    Kisses,
    Cri.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading!
I absolutely LOVE reading your comments. It makes my day when you stop by and say hi!