Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Bright as White

After reading an article on how to wear white shoes, Ask A Stylist With Nicole Chavez:, I decided I had to try this out myself.  This super-stylist said it can be done. Out came my shoes from my wedding day!  Before you freak out and think "Your wedding shoes?? Are you crazy?" I have to add the disclaimer that they were normal pumps from ALDO.  I wanted a shoe that I could actually wear again- I even went back and bought them in black!

So, here I went...
with the monochrome look of mostly black and a pink scarf.  




The one thing I did notice is that the white acts like a pop of color.  Your eyes are instantly drawn to it from the outfit, especially since it's on your feet.  I don't think white shoes are as easy to pull off as this stylist thinks, but here's some more ideas if you're willing to give it a try!

Bright as White



(All of these shoes are less than $100!)


For the menswear-inspired look...
Denim on Denim






Trying white with brights...
For the Bright Minded






All in black...
Simply Black and White




If you have a pair of white shoes, how will you wear them out?  I'd love to hear!

4 comments:

  1. Hey, it's Pip from Chic Stay at Home Mom! I no longer have that blog and only have one, which is brand new and would love if you came back to follow me! I love this post bc I have an awesome pair of white patent leather shoes, and never wear them, so I will surely be wearing them this Summer! Have a great night! xo

    Pip
    http://icetodiamonds.blogspot.com

    Enter my giveaway if you are interested too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute look. White does add a pop and my eyes were drawn straight to your shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the pumps you are wearing!

    http://forallthatjas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a pair of shoes very similar to yours... I don't wear them that often but seeing this post makes me want to pull them out! Fun pop of contrast, perfect for spring!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading!
I absolutely LOVE reading your comments. It makes my day when you stop by and say hi!