Sunday, May 20, 2012

What To Wear to a 'Coat and Tie' Event

I've been asked recently what to wear to a "Coat and Tie" event taking place at a country club.  This post would also apply to weddings and other slightly formal weekend/evening events that you may attend.  (Especially now that the warmer months are here- the best time to celebrate anything!)

When thinking about the outfit for this, you don't want the spotlight to be entirely on you, but you do want it to stop long enough to notice that you're there. A simple sheath dress or strapless dress would be perfect for an event like this; classic shapes that work for almost any evening affair. For country club gatherings, I tend to think more of a "garden party" event. I would recommend leaning towards the conservative side and bringing a cardigan or pashmina or cover your shoulders. I like to steal the show with the added extras, such as jewelry and other accessories. An awesome necklace, bracelet, or earrings would add to the look of understated elegance.


Here are some ideas for what to wear:



c/o Macys.com




Even a day-to-night sheath dress in a fun color would make a great backdrop to great accessories!

Colorful Dress Goes Evening Wear






Two more options.  
Add a strappy heel for evening glamour.

Coat and Tie Event


3 comments:

  1. Great options! I can't believe that coral/mint bangle set is only $6! Will have to look for it next time I'm at H&M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love these posts and where you are going with these! They are great! xx

    Pip
    http://icetodiamonds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pip! I'm having fun creating 'real' posts for friends that I can help out:)

      Delete

Thank you for reading!
I absolutely LOVE reading your comments. It makes my day when you stop by and say hi!