Wednesday, June 27, 2012

LemonLime and Grey Time




I needed a new way to wear this brocade pencil skirt.  Instead of pairing it with a white button down- been there done that- or wearing a denim shirt- already thought of- I decided to pair it with a neon tee from my Ruehl archives.  

(Sidebar- Anyone remember that store?  The grown up sister to Abercrombie?  
I will never part with their tees.  Ever.)

The tee was too casual, but a ruffled cardigan took care of that.  As a final thought, I buttoned the top button and paired it with a collar-like necklace that fit perfectly on top.  Some people asked me if that was the collar of the cardigan!  Love it when something just works like that.
I paired it with lime green sandals because, let's face it, it was the last week of school and heels were out of the question!


3 comments:

  1. hi, courtney. long time no visit.... sorry! i've been so busy. how are you? i love this color combo. i love grey with yellow, lavendar... purple... and this bright yellow works wonderfully with your layering. you look sooo pretty. :) hope all's well, and i love seeing glimpses of your life on instagram. :) have a great rest of the wk!
    xoxo
    jasmine
    AdamAlexMommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. this outfit definitely works. The cardigan adds a really nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your gorgeous brocade skirt! I think i'm going out on a hunt for one of my own! And thanks for your lovely comment on my blog :)
    Best, Japna

    www.whatscookinggoodlookin.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading!
I absolutely LOVE reading your comments. It makes my day when you stop by and say hi!