Friday, June 15, 2012

Tough Yellow

 This dress has seen many an occasion.  First a wedding, then a bridal shower, and many days at work. Today it was for a retirement party for two colleagues of mine. I wanted to toughen up the look, so I added this chainlink necklace and kept the dress color-block free.  It was so hard for me to stick to a black and white palette and let the yellow steal the show all by itself.  The only pop was the white shoes at the end.  All in all, another way to make the same dress work different occasions without being the same twice!





4 comments:

  1. Hi Courtney! I love this dress, but I seriously love your edgy necklace the most! It is perfect! Have a great weekend! xx Pip

    http://easyoutfitsbypip.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pip! It's fun to change it up once in awhile, isn't it?!

      Delete
  2. Just beautiful ..and dress is so pretty :)
    Would you like to follow each other ?

    Love
    Shilpi
    www.pinkjasminestyling.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, how awesome! A nice versatile dress for many occasions. Can't go wrong there. I love how you put everything together. I love loud necklaces as statement pieces.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading!
I absolutely LOVE reading your comments. It makes my day when you stop by and say hi!