Thursday, July 26, 2012

My Beauty Tips (or My Only Beauty Tips Lately)

Before I begin, here is the disclaimer I feel obligated to write:
All of the opinions in this post are my own.  I have not been asked to endorse anyone or anything.  I just LOVE this stuff so much that I had to share it with you all!

Beauty Tip #1
So, I call this stuff "Botox in a Bottle" because that's what it feels like!  
I swear it works.  Every time I've used it lately, weird stuff happens.  Like I get carded for an "R" rated movie.  At the box office AND as I'm walking in to the theater.  Really people?! I look 17?!  I think that's quite a stretch, but I'll take it!
How about the time asked how old I was shopping one day after I applied this stuff.  Oh you know, 21? 22?  I felt bad for the girl when I laughed out loud and told her I was 31 and had a 1-1/2 year old.  The shock factor may have been too much for her.
And lastly, the woman who just assumed I was the big sister when we were out for dinner one night. She claimed that I was way too young to have children, until I informed here that it was too late.  Meet my child! 
Needless to say, I think this little bottle of sneaky goodness is my little fountain of youth. Call me crazy. Maybe.

Beauty Tip #2
My tanning equation:
Sunscreen + Self-Tanner = Bronze Skin - the Sun's Side Effects
I love this tip merely because it combines good sun care with beauty products.  I love a golden brown tan, but can't seem to get one anymore since my skin flips out after 10 minutes of being in the sun. (Thank you pregnancy for this amazing lasting effect.)
In order to get my brown skin, I do double duty.  When I put on my sunscreen, I mix it with a bronzed self-tanner.  2 parts lotion, 1 part self-tanner.  This way, my skin has the bronzed-kissed look from the bronzer and then turns into a golden tan after being out in the sun.  Not only am I protected from the "harmful rays", I'm also getting a tan in the process!



Beauty Tip #3


The sock bun.  If you haven't heard of this yet, you may live under a rock.  Or just be one of the few who hasn't joined Pinterest yet.  This hairdo was all the rage on Pinterest, oh, about 6 months ago.  In true Courtney-fashion, it took me that long to break down and give it a try.
I'm hooked.
There's a reason everyone was pinning this fool-proof beauty regimen.  It is so easy!  And chic.  If you haven't tried a sock bun and your hair is long enough, go ahead...you may never do your hair again.
(I've included the link below from Pinterest for you.)

5 comments:

  1. I apparently live under a rock, Court, since I hadn't heard of the sock bun until you showed up with it the other day! Also, not on pinterest. You haven't signed me up for it yet! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! I have one guess who this anonymous commenter is:) I will sign you up when you get home! xo

      Delete
  2. Love sock buns! Unfortunately my hair isn't long enough. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH, I feel your pain. My sis in law and I were having that convo the other day. On the bright side, you don't have to worry as much about a bad hair day with long hair! xo

      Delete
  3. these are great tips, courtney! i love buns! :)

    hope you're having a great summer so far.

    kisses,
    jasmine

    ADAM ❤ ALEX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading!
I absolutely LOVE reading your comments. It makes my day when you stop by and say hi!