Monday, November 5, 2012

How to Transition a Summer Shift Dress to Fall

I found this dress on sale at the Gap this weekend and couldn't pass it up.  Between the colorblocking and stripes and easy casual fit, it just screamed, "Take me home!" So I did.  After our initial "meet cute", however, I had to do some thinking to make sure that this dress could handle the chilly months ahead- now that we were in it together for the long haul.  


My solution?  Layering!

When Summer Shifts to Fall




Here's what it looked like on...

And the hilarious result of self-timer shots. :)

This is just one way to bring a summer staple into fall- I know you have plenty in your own closet!



3 comments:

  1. Love the look and what a great transition!! hahah I chucked when I read your "meet cute" reference. :) Great sale find Courtney!! xoxo, Phoebe

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute dress, and your daughter is precious!! love it.

    www.readydressedgo.blogspot.com

    hugs, Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. haven't found a shift dress that's flattering on me yet, but i like yours alot! bonus that you're making it do double-duty from summer to fall.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading!
I absolutely LOVE reading your comments. It makes my day when you stop by and say hi!