Friday, December 7, 2012

Tartan and Gray


Sticking with my experiment of monochrome dressing lately (see previous post), I've decided that tartan plaid is a great compliment to gray tones.  Paired with a pencil skirt and sweater vest, this look can easily go to the office with you or to your holiday party.  Add some accessories, like a pearl cluster necklace, to keep the outfit feminine.
Tartan and Gray





Here is the actual outfit. 
(Excuse the bathroom shots...my photographer was away on travel. :) )

I substituted black for crimson tights.

I like the look of leaving the shirttails untucked (if you can) to see more of the pattern and break up the gray from top to bottom.


4 comments:

  1. You look adorable! So excited to see these cute creations in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the outfit! I need to post some tartan plaid stat, you inspired me!
    lifeinfashionwithlindaisy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. really diggin' your real life version...and i, too, like leaving the shirt untucked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving how you mixed grey and plaid together! And I love how the crimson tights gave the outfit a touch of unexpected and made it exciting. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading!
I absolutely LOVE reading your comments. It makes my day when you stop by and say hi!