Sunday, July 7, 2013

Hi-Low Hem to Tulip Skirt

        www.stylelistaconfessions.com

The hi-low hem is still a popular style for skirts and dresses these days. If you're like me, you may have your moments where you want a change. Or are just over this uneven hemline. For this... I have a solution!

On a whim (not to mention, an extremely hot, humid, and muggy 95 degree day) I wanted to shorten the hem of my hi-low dress. By doing so, I created a "tulip" skirt- a chic, and cooler, option!

Here's how:

•Pinch the hem in the back of the dress.
Pull it up and out.

•Fold the pinched portion up to the waistline. It helps to have a belt or sash to disguise this sly tailoring option.

•Pin the hem to the dress or belt. Here I have it pinned to the underside of the belt to hide the evidence (aka safety pin).



And here is the final look. 

With the belt cinched up, so is your hi-low hem!

4 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea!! I love the final look! Hope all is well and I would love it if you stopped by and visited me soon! Hope you have had a good weekend so far! xx Pip

    Easy Outfits by Pip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pip! It has been forever. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  2. That's such a great idea and it helps with vacation packing too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely does...2 in 1! Thanks for the comment!

      Delete

Thank you for reading!
I absolutely LOVE reading your comments. It makes my day when you stop by and say hi!