Monday, July 1, 2013

Sometimes You Just Need to Get Away...

This past weekend, my husband and I took a trip to Grand Rapids, Michigan. By ourselves.  No toddler.  No entourage.  Just us.  And let me tell you- it was heaven-in-a-hotel-room.  Somehow we managed to do everything that would normally require a babysitter all in one weekend.  We went out.  Played golf.  Took naps.  Slept in.  Went to the movies.  Relaxed on the lawn at a concert.  Even slipped in a quick mountain bike ride.  Phew! Needless to say, we're exhausted but so happy that we took the time for ourselves to reconnect and be 'us' together for a weekend.

As you can imagine, with all of the above events, packing for this trip was no small feat.  I originally thought we would have an easygoing weekend, nothing too fancy, so I just packed some shorts and shirts.  Good thing I threw in a few last minute "What if we do [insert any imaginable activity here]?  I might need this!" items.  Here's what ended up coming out of my suitcase...



Impromptu Going Out Outfit




Let's Play Some Golf





Movie Night








Concert on the Lawn


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!
I absolutely LOVE reading your comments. It makes my day when you stop by and say hi!