Saturday, January 2, 2016

The Ultimate Travel Outfit (or How to Travel in Comfortable Style)

For many of us, the holiday season equals travel. Finding the right balance between comfort and style, when traversing airports, train stations, and surviving long car rides, can seem like a challenge. I'm here to tell you that you don't have to sacrifice style for comfort and you can totally take your travel wardrobe to the next level with items you may already own. 

Are there seriously other options to just putting on your best active wear?  Yes!  Some of the outfit options below even include yoga pants. *gasp* 

The most important things to remember when choosing what to wear for travel are: 

  • You can feel cozy and look good at the same time.
  • 9 times out of 10 you will receive better service when you're dressed well.
  • How you look affects your mood; It's a much better feeling when you like what you are wearing!

Here are my top 5 travel outfit ideas.  Some of them were worn for travel others are outfits that I wish I was wearing to travel in!

Option 1 
Wear a sleeved maxi dress with a blanket scarf and sneakers.  I wore this outfit to travel to Charleston, South Carolina for New Year's this year.




Option 2 
Wear a tunic shirt with leggings, boots, and a colorful scarf.  I wore this outfit during our travels around Germany this past fall.



Option 3
Wear a flowy blouse with black leggings and boots.  This is an inspiration outfit I found at my local Francesca's




Option 4
Wear a drawstring skirt with a cotton tshirt.  Add a scarf and coat with comfortable shoes.  (I would substitute the flip flops for sneakers in cooler weather.)




Option 5
Wear leggings, a tee, and a sweater tied around your waist.  Add some fun printed leopard sneakers like this fellow traveler I met in the Charleston airport!



I am so excited to collaborate with Betabrand in their "Wanderlust Holiday Wardrobe" challenge.  If you are looking for new travel-wear be sure to check out their women's pants and their red-eye wrap!  They definitely have the right essentials to complete your travel wardrobe!

8 comments:

  1. I love wearing my favorite maxi dress to travel in. There is nothing poking or squeezing you, just pure comfort!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment DetroitDuchess. We totally travel in style the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas!! Those outfits are simple and the accessories make them work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mind naturally thinks of swaeters and sweats for comfort then i force myself to be a little better and I feel better. I totally agree on the long maxi dresses. Easy and looking put together in practically a couple of minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute photos :)
    BLOG M&MFASHIONBITES : http://mmfashionbites.blogspot.gr/
    Maria V.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute ideas! I'm the kind of gal who prefers to feel like she's wearing pajamas all day! Legging and boots with a warm scarf- perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are truly amongst the wonderful informative blogs.Thanks for sharing such informative blog article with us.

    Website Fix | Fix Hacked Site | Shopping Cart Repair

    ReplyDelete
  8. toms shoes with new style is very comfortable,you are worth for it.only $16.9,Get it immediately,http://www.tomshoesus.com
    Womens Crochet New Style Rose
    Womens Crochet Style Purple
    Womens Crochet Style Sky Blue Toms Shoes

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading!
I absolutely LOVE reading your comments. It makes my day when you stop by and say hi!